The Organizational Team Process Questionnaire™ (OTPQ)
The Organizational Team Process Questionnaire™ is a derivative of the Global Team Process Questionnaire™. Its form, function, and purposes are in all respects similar to those of the Global Team Process Questionnaire™, except it has been designed to work with teams that are not global or multicultural. It is therefore suitable for all uses with teams that are located within a single country or that are not culturally diverse. In certain cases (for example, with an expatriate team made up of members from a single culture), it may be suitable for other uses.
Clients typically utilize this instrument for one or more of the following purposes:
- Repeated applications with a single team over time (typically three to six months between each application) so that the team leader or a facilitator can report on the team's progress toward specific process goals (better communications, clearer understanding of objectives, roles and responsibilities, etc.)
- Comparing a team or teams' results with benchmarks developed by ITAP International for teams in the same industry
- Comparing teams within the same company with benchmarks developed through the team process questionnaires within the same company
- Developing metrics so that team effectiveness may be compared across the same division
- Comparing process to output measures to determine in what ways improvement in teams' functioning affects outputs
The administration of the Organizational Team Process Questionnaire™ may also be a part of a Team Analysis and Performance Improvement approach to teams.