Global Business Leader Development
Do you need to identify and accelerate the development of your current and future global leaders?
Culture shapes how we think about what is effective leadership, and the definitions of an "effective leader" vary from one culture to another. In fact, effective leadership behavior in one culture could (and will) be completely ineffective in others. In order to develop leaders who can effectively lead global operations, it is important to understand what makes leaders effective across cultures.
Therefore, a one-development-approach will not work when developing global leaders. While true leaders can envision what they want to achieve, know how to meet the challenges of the market and take steps to make that vision a reality, how they interact with people will define their success. Leaders with cultural sensitivity can be more effective than those without. Leadership is complex and leading across cultures is more complex.
ITAP can help your organization:
- assess the effectiveness of your recruitment, selection and succession policies to insure that your talent pool is diverse and matches the qualities and characteristics that will succeed in various cultures
- identify development needs - a gap analysis should address both individual needs and the global talent pool so the organization can leverage needs across large employee populations
- design learning opportunities that match leaders' learning styles, because these too differ across cultures
- provide cross-cultural coaching for executives and leaders working in a multi-cultural environment
- assess each leader's cultural profile to help him or her with self-understanding, the first step to appreciation of cultural differences.