ITAP offers a unique suite of software products, specifically designed for HR professionals and business managers using competencies to support the management and development of human resources within their organization.
ITAP competency software facilitates the creation and utilization of competency models specific to the organization and its strategic needs.
Unlike most other competency software products, ITAP competency software does not come with embedded competency models and behavioral indicators to restrict your work. We are not trying to sell our own competency models through the software - we are offering organizations the capability to develop and / or better utilize their own.
Through systematic competency development or easy import of existing models, ITAP competency software offers organizations the ability to:
- Develop new models
- Extend existing models
- Utilize and integrate existing models across the full range of HRD / OD processes
Additionally, ITAP offers extensive experience and expert consultant support to clients across the full range of competency discovery, development, and HRD / OD utilization.
COMPETENCY TRANSCRIPTOR is the only software available that is designed to support the full process of building competency models, from initial input via behavioral interview or expert panel transcripts, repertory grid data or any other input, through to the final output of a finished model, complete with competency definitions, behavioral scales and illustrative examples. TRANSCRIPTOR also compiles and provides complete data analysis across the target populations, updated automatically as the project progresses.
With COMPETENCY TRANSCRIPTOR, you can:
- Identify the key competencies, and define them from the behavioral data
- Distinguish meaningful levels of capability and expertise
- Differentiate competencies across any cut of the data - between departments, locations, countries, organizational levels, job-families, project teams - whatever analysis makes sense for your organization.
TRANSCRIPTOR is web-enabled to allow dispersed teams to work on the same project, managed through a 'project manager' role that sets project parameters, organizes and monitors the work-flow, and drives the final output.
To support this application ITAP can provide full process skills and product training that can be further utilized across a wide set of HRM / HRD processes - including competency-based assessment for selection and development
Use TRANSCRIPTOR to develop competency models that link directly to critical operational needs and organizational strategy.
COMPETENCY ASSESSOR enables detailed individual capability assessment for development, career capability analysis and candidate profiling in recruitment, utilizing existing competency models through an easy import facility, or models created via TRANSCRIPTOR, and in relation to job profiles / other individual profiles created through PROFILER.
From an interview transcript ASSESSOR enables:
- Identification, coding and levelling of behavioral data against the competencies and levels embedded in your model, and the levels identified in job-profiles
- Easy production of output analysis that includes summaries of all coded data by competency, data-distribution charts by individual, and pie-chart distribution charts of data by level within each competency
- Application of the analysis to generate accurate and vivid development or selection feedback, based on the evidence, supported with graphic and accurate visuals
ASSESSOR provides detailed analysis and assessment of individual capability against a specific job profile or generic profile, and supports highly specific behavioral evidence analysis and feedback - to candidates (both successful and unsuccessful) in job selection or development processes, and to selectors / assessors in their decision making. This process ensures higher quality and more accurate decisions, and improves the quality of the entire process in relation to internal consistency, reducing bias and the possibility of illegal discrimination.
Use ASSESSOR to create in-depth assessments of individual and team capability. ASSESSOR is applicable in recruitment, individual development, development feedback, team development and capability analysis applications
Easily importing existing competency models, COMPETENCY PROFILER enables fast, accurate and graphic profiling of individual capability and the jobs they perform. By building up a picture of 'competency supply' - what individuals offer, and 'competency demand' - what jobs require, organizations can identify and quantify capability gaps and availability in relation to individual's and their roles, to job-families, teams, functions and locations - whatever cut of the data is important to the business.
Utilizing existing or newly created competency models, PROFILER enables:
- Multiple inputs on the jobs or individuals under review: self, boss, colleague, assessor, interviewer
- Comparison and aggregation of individual / job data for use in assessment, recruitment, performance management / 360° feedback, training & development, succession planning & capability mapping, OD processes
- Search across the profiles to find and match individual capability against the requirements of specified roles, from user-defined parameters
Data access, process parameters and outputs are all controlled and managed by trained internal system administrators - setting multiple-level access through a structured security process.
Use PROFILER to create role (job-demand) and individual (capability supply) competency profiles. PROFILER is applicable in recruitment and selection, organization development, training needs analysis, career development, 360° feedback and succession planning applications.