Cross-Cultural Training and Development Overview
ITAP International's training approaches are designed to:
If the training and development you provide is important for your organization and your key staff, why take the risk that for much of your intended audience, it is a waste of time, effort and money?
- Provide employees with the opportunity to learn how cultural diversity can positively influence job and team performance. Participants learn how communications styles and expectations of supervisors and colleagues can differ between cultures. They also learn that individuals within cultures differ as they do between cultures. This helps break down stereotypic reactions between groups.
- Focus on both management and employees. Leadership must be demonstrated and modeled.
ITAP can support your business by:
- Customizing new programs to ensure impact and connectivity with multi-cultural participants
- Designing original training content that meets your organizational needs, and delivering it effectively internationally
- Providing a Cultural Audit of existing training content and guiding in-house designers and trainers on adapting training to suit international learning styles and preferences
- Training and certifying in-house trainers on the challenges and issues of delivering training to a consistent standard and with consistent effectiveness across borders
- Supporting in-house development professionals to ensure their organizations' investment in international capability development is effectively utilized and produces productive returns, often linked with ITAP's cross-cultural competency expertise
- Training staff at all levels - including executive teams - in the development of their cross-cultural understanding, communication and operational skills, often utilizing ITAP's Culture in the Workplace Questionnaire™. For more information about ITAP's training and consulting based on the Culture in the Workplace Questionnaire™, click here.
- Supporting key manager development and training on expatriation to a new location, or upon assignment to an international role
- Supporting expatriate families - key to the success of international managerial and executive appointments - in making the cross-cultural leap
- Coaching and developing multinational teams to work successfully in an global organization, and / or with a newly appointed expatriate boss, often utilizing ITAP's Global Team Process Questionnaire™
- Designing and delivering training for local customer support agents servicing international customers - from call-centers to senior client relationship managers
When culture general awareness training is no longer enough (which is increasingly the case), ITAP offers both culture specific and function or task specific training programs to support your business initiatives.
ITAP's cross-cultural expertise, delivered through our extensive global professional resources - can significantly enhance and add value to your organization's training and development effort. Take a look at our example projects and client quotes.
The 2012 ITAP Training CatalogThe 2012 ITAP Training Catalog represents a sample list of our worldwide capabilities. Any client anywhere can request any program listed here – or any program not listed here (custom designed). If you do not see what you need, please call any one of our offices to request further information. Click here to access the catalog.